How do I report a claim to National Marine Underwriters?

Claims should be reported immediately by phone, fax or email. Visit our Claims Services page for more information.

I need to cancel my policy, what is the next step?

Written notice of cancellation can be sent by mail, email or FAX:

Mail to:

National Marine Underwriters, Inc.
888 Bestgate Road, Suite 105
Annapolis, Maryland 21401

Fax to: 866.639.9577

Email to:

The request should contain the policy number and the reason for cancellation. The request must be signed by the first named insured and include a date of cancellation. If the date of cancellation is in the past, a Bill of Sale or proof of other coverage should accompany your request.

My loss payee requested proof of insurance, what should I do?

We automatically send proof of insurance to the loss payee(s) listed on your policy. If for some reason they do not have it on file, please call our service department during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern Time.

Where is National Marine Underwriters located?

Our office is located at:
888 Bestgate Road, Suite 105
Annapolis, Maryland 21401

What type of Charter Insurance is available?

Our Charter Insurance program requires that the vessel be operated by a licensed Captain. There cannot be any more than six (6) fare paying passengers and there cannot be more than 15 charters per year. The charter coverage we offer is not intended for commercial ventures. Other restrictions may apply.

Does National Marine Underwriters offer commission to brokers?

NMU offers a program that allows us to pay commission to licensed brokers for referring business to us if they meet our requirements. We do not appoint brokers to represent us and we do not extend any authority to quote, bind, endorse, or issue on our behalf. If you would like to find out more about the referral program, please contact our customer service team at 800.262.8467.

My marina needs a certificate of insurance, what should I do?

Supply us with your policy number, the name and address of the marina, and we will issue the certificate.

I need to change my address on my policy, what should I do?

You can fax, mail, or e-mail your new address. Include your policy number, your new address, and phone number. Be sure to let us know if the location of your vessel has changed and include the mooring zip code.