Accidents happen to even the most careful yacht and boat owners.  If you have a claim to report, please follow these steps to help ensure a swift effecient resolution.

What to do in the event of loss

Notify Us Immediately: You or your producer should notify NMU of all claims.  Claims should be reported as soon as the loss occurs, by one of the methods below so a swift determination can be made as to whether a surveyor, investigator and/or attorney should be dispatched to the accident site.

  • Serious injuries or death claims should be reported immediately by telephone. No statement or admission of liability should be given to another party without our written permission.

How to report a claim

You may report a new claim by any of the following methods:

  • Phone:  Call our toll-free number 877.248.3455
  • Email:  Email an Acord form and any related documents to
  • Fax:  Fax an Acord form and any related documents to 866.213.2802

If possible, it is helpful to have the following information available:

  • Policy number
  • Description of loss
  • Current location of vessel
  • Vessel registration number